Someone tried to log into my account

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-25 16:28:23

This morning when checking email, I saw 6 attempts to log into my TP-Link account. We only have indoor cameras and one smart plug. I don't have this account linked to any other smart devices. 

My question is, what could a hacker get from accessing my account? What if I did have this account linked to a bunch of different smart devices? What could hackers do with my account and devices? Just curious because I don't have the mind of a hacker. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Someone tried to log into my account
2022-09-26 17:44:29

@Lorih,

Its impossible to know what the goal is of someone doing something like this. At a base level, them gaining access to your account will give them the same control that you have over the recordings and scheduling of devices. 

Usually, an account is broken into just so that the hacker can verify their usernames and password, to see if they could work on other services with the same credentials. Either way, it is recommended that you enable two factor authentication to limit the potential of third party intrusions

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 354

Replies: 1

Related Articles