HS220 Dimmer - power to switch not to light

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-27 21:20:12 - last edited 2022-09-28 00:30:08
Model: HS220  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Tried to install a HS220 in the living room today, got power to the switch, no power to the lights.  There is an older dimmer to some other pot lights in the same gangbox, I noticed it was a no-neutral variety.  There is a  bundle of neutrals in the box, so I figured this would install fine.

After no success, I tested it in a gangbox that currently has a working HS200 switch (same switch but no dimmer, also requires neutral to install).  Same thing.  Power to the switch, wifi works,no power to the lights.  If i swap (what I assumed was) the line and load, I just have a non-responsive dead switch. I wonder if it is legitimately defective, or if I should try another brand that offers no-neutral install from here on out.

Options
2 Reply
Re:HS220 Dimmer - power to switch not to light
2022-12-30 02:28:42

@SilverSerenade any luck getting this to work? I have the same issue. 

Options
Re:HS220 Dimmer - power to switch not to light
2022-12-30 04:40:11

@Lwass sadly no, I gave up and returned it and bought some other glitchy no name dimmer on Amazon.  They came in a 2 pack and one is glitchy and can only be controlled by the app or voice, but at least they work!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 287

Replies: 2

Related Articles