Push Notifications

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Push Notifications

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Push Notifications
Push Notifications
2022-09-28 14:50:07

I have 3 KASA CARE accounts and I am not receiving notifications unless I am logged into that account.  Example:  I am logged into account 1 and a camera that is in account 3 sees motion and I have it set to send me a notification I am not receiving it.  Thanks, CIG2

Options
6 Reply
Re:Push Notifications
2022-09-28 15:58:51

@CIG2 

I'm a bit confused please answer the questions below:

Do you have 3 cameras subscribed to individual KasaCare cloud storage subscriptions, or do you have 3 separate Kasa Accounts w/ separate Logins?

For each cameras can you go into its settings and look at notifications and see if they are enabled?

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! Get Started Here!
Options
2022-09-28 20:17:52

@CIG2 I have 3 accounts with 3 different logins.  I have 20+ cameras between them. 

Options
2022-10-11 15:48:48

@CIG2 Are you still here? 

Options
2022-10-11 15:50:38

@Carl  I have 3 accounts and 20+ cameras

Options
2022-10-11 15:52:14

@Carl I have 3 account with 3 different logins and 20+ cameras

Options
2022-10-11 18:24:39

@CIG2 

You might be able to consolidate this now that you can create separate "Homes" in a single account now with Kasa App 3.0. Right now for the push notifications, you need to first check the app settings in your Phones settings app.  Open Settings, go to either notifications or the app itself, and make sure notification is enabled.  Then go to the Kasa app, sign in 1 account at a time, and check the notification settings for that account.  Make sure all cameras have notifications enabled.  after checking this you should now receive notifications for each camera on that account.  Repeat this on the other 2 accounts.  to ensure all notifications are received. 

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! Get Started Here!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 312

Replies: 6

Related Articles