Smart switch keeps disconnecting from router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-29 23:18:03

Hello, I'm hoping someone here can shed some light on my problem, I have the smart switch HS 200 and it keeps disconnecting from my router, and the light turns red. I just recently replaced the switch for another brand new switch same exact model thinking that maybe the first one went bad, sinceI've been using it for about a year trouble free. To my disbelief the new switch is doing the same exact thing. Any ideas of what could be causing this. I have many other TP Link devices smart switch and plugs in the house and I have no issues out of them. It's seems to be only this one. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Smart switch keeps disconnecting from router
2022-09-30 00:23:53

@Gary12,

The Red light on the switch simply is an indicator that the switch is disconnected from the network. Are you able to reconnect the switch to your network?

We have two different reset options available, a soft reset for just the network settings, and a factory reset for the entire device. Try doing only a soft reset by holding the reset button for 5 seconds instead of 10, and then reconfiguring the switch from the app. 

Otherwise, what is the switch controlling? Is there a possibility it is being overloaded?

Options
Re:Smart switch keeps disconnecting from router
2022-10-07 18:09:58

@Gary12 

Does the switch ever connect back to the network?  When it disconnects do other switches disconnect as well?

At my old house switches would go off line every once in a while but always come back.

By chance this this switch super far from wifi?

Ryan

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 353

Replies: 2

Related Articles