Tapo C210 constant motion detection while home

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-09 23:51:11 - last edited 2022-10-10 00:53:16
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version: V18
Firmware Version: 1.1.21

Camera giving motion detection notifications during time when it's set to not be recording. And actual hardware version says 1.8 on box and camera but 1.0 in tapo app.On rebooting the camera it tells me it detects the sd card and I should set up a recording schedule. Looking at the schedule shows it is setup up but the camera is completely ignoring the schedule.I don't need constant notifications when I'm home and it's set to not record. If this is going to be giving me notifications constantly when I'm home then I'll return it. Seriously a notification every 10 seconds while I'm home is making this a useless camera. Clearly the software and and the camera don't work well together. Sorry but I'll just leave a review on Amazon warning others of this issue and return the camera. !0 more notifications while typing this with the schedule set not to record.455 NOTIFICATIONS AND ALL THE VIDEOS FOR THOSE ARE UNREADABLE! 113 gigabytes of unreadable videos recorded in an hour.All that are from notifications of motion detected while it was  Literally had the card in the camera 2 hours and it did that. Literally all of it is notifications while it was set not to record.Every one of those notification videos are from 6:34pm to 6:35pm. 455 notification recordings and 113 gb in 1 minute.08438890c7bb484c8570206e4f28efbabfb745a3b06e4d909abe5af293ab5e4e40cb0c101680467ab4dcec922d2a5a5e

Options
9 Reply
Re:Tapo C210 constant motion detection while home
2022-10-10 17:45:03

@tc0566 , in Settings you can disable detection, alerts and notifications, separately!...

Options
2022-10-10 18:30:53 - last edited 2022-10-10 23:47:13

@Paulo_MC  and then have to turn notificationsback on  every day when I leave.. no thanks I'll just return it and leave a nice review on Amazon about the response I get for support. Support had me reset the camera last night. That worked until I got up this morning and then it started the same thing all over. An SD card is useless with this and that's exactly why you offer 30 free days of online monitoring. Wouldn't want people to figure out that online is the only way the camera works before the return window closes 

Options
2022-10-11 02:33:04

@tc0566 

Receiving excessive alerts can be due to the motion sensor sensitivity,  you could adjust the motion detection sensitivity level to lower levels or set a smaller and concise Motion Zone.

Options
2022-10-11 16:59:06

@tc0566,

I think you may be confusing the schedule for recording with the one for events. While the schedule is indicating that the camera is not recording footage for later viewing, the camera is still filming, detecting motion and notifying the phone. While it does look like its creating files for those time periods, it may not actually be recording to them. 

A Few options that would help with the notifications:

Adjust the time schedule of activity notifications, 

Schedule Privacy Mode on the Camera for when you are home

Adjust the sensitivity for detection, as small changes such as light may be triggering the camera

Options
2022-10-12 00:47:27 - last edited 2022-10-12 00:55:36

The sensitivity goes no lower than it is set to. Constant notifications when it is set to not record is an issue. Multiple reviews on Amazon say the same thing, it detects motion when there is none. The fact that you can reset the camera and then you don't get notifications for several hours proves it is not suppose to be sending notifications while it is set to not record. Tapo live chat suggested a reset and said there should be no notifications during the schedule while set not to record.Upon reset and recreating the schedule it works until the schedule changes. If it is set to not record from 8pm until 7 am and you reset during that time you get no notifications. Then after it starts recording at 7 am the notifications start and they don't stop until the camera is reset again.

Options
2022-10-13 00:22:01

Going to make a YouTube video review on just how poorly this camera works. Maybe that linked to an Amazon review of it will actually get the issues fixed. 

Options
2022-10-13 00:37:07

@Riley_S By the way there is no schedule for privacy in the app only a setting to turn privacy mode on and off. Seriously people don't make suggestions if you don't have the camera and the Tapo app.

Options
2022-10-13 00:40:53

@Paulo_MC And for you, disabling anything disables everything. If you use the switch to to disable motion detection with AI detection still on to detect person in area then the camera detects nothing and stops all notifications even with the schedule set to detect and notify for all persons entering the area. This is seriously the worst app I've ever used for a camera.

Options
2022-10-13 00:50:41

@Riley_S  And for you, there are not 2 separate schedules there is only one schedule in the app and there is a picture above showing the one and only schedule option available. The sensitivity has been set as low as it can go. With the notification set to not send notifications it records no events., The only way to see events or delete events is from the notifications. With the schedule set to not record it records nothing but sends notifications with nothing viewable. What good are notifications that have nothing to view. Even live support says if the schedule is set to not record it should not send notifications. And this camera with it set to record events does nothing. all events sent as notifications have nothing to view. Only when set to record continuously with motion and AI detection on will it actually record events. This camera is going to get a full YouTube review and that review will be linked in an Amazon review.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 857

Replies: 9