Please think about new products

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-14 02:14:03 - last edited 2022-10-14 03:22:52

Can you please think about making either a smart dual light switch or smart recessed lighting

Options
5 Reply
Re:Please think about new products
2022-10-14 16:51:31

@Salsabowler,

You actually just missed a survey asking for product recommendations and devices that users would like to see smart control of. A Dual Light Switch was one of the most requested options. To clarify, are you referring to making two switches in one vertical unit, or to making a switch that utilizes the space of 2 dumb switches?

We have not really received any requests for recessed lighting, as most users will use smart dimmers and switches in these situations. Can you provide more detail to what you are looking for and why? 

Options
2022-10-14 17:24:13

@Riley_S Than you for your reply. I am talking about 1 vertical switch that has controls for 2 lights. And as far as the recessed lights, I was asking beacuse of the fact that a dual switch isn't available.

Thanks

Options
2022-10-14 17:24:52
2 seperate lights
Options
2022-10-15 20:28:49

@Riley_S I currently upgraded most of my switches in my home, the reason I was asking for the dual switch is I have 2 dual switches that I would love to change for smart switches. 1 is a kitchen light and living room light. The other is a bedroom light that controls 1 set of lights and 1 ceiling fan with lights. I would love to know if a dual switch is something you are working on, because the only other option is to buy smart recessed lights which I don't want to do.

Options
2022-10-17 19:20:48

@Salsabowler,

When we had our survey, there was an OVERWHELMING amount of support for a Ceiling Fan/Light Switch, I can imagine that the teams will listen to the community and makes plans for this product as a result of the support.

I do not know if we are currently working on Dual-Gang or Dual Switch, but I will pass along the feedback that this is a product that is needed. This received a decent amount of support in the survey; however, I have also seen a few community posts on the topic over the last few weeks, so I will gather those up and put another recommendation forth.

On a personal recommendation, I have found it better to avoid replacing fixtures with smart fixtures, as this greatly increases the cost of replacement if the product fails or burns out. even though it is nice to have individual bulb control for recessed lights, the ease of adding or replacing a switch has always been the better option; at least for my house.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 479

Replies: 5