Installation proble with Kasa H210 at one box and wiring at the other box

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-14 14:41:49
Model: HS210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, new to forum.  I an having a problem getting my Kasa switches connected and operating a 3 way circuit.  I have the first j-box with the 14/2 coming in from the electrical panel.  I connected the black (hot) wire to the black screw on the Kasa 3 way switch.  Going out from the switch is a 14/3 to the first light which is in the laundry room.  I connected the ground to grounds, the white neutrals together, the black from Kasa to the black from the 14/3 to the light and the white from Kasa to the red from the 14/3 to the light.  Here's where the problem I have begins.  Prior to changing the switches, there was a regular three way switch at the first j-box (which now is replaced by the HS210) and in the other box was a two way switch.  In this second j-box, which is after light number one in the laundry room;  there are two 14/2 cables.  One coming from light number one and the second going to two more ceiling lights in the garage.  First issue is I don't think I can use the other HS210 in this location due to it being 14/2.  If I can, how do I connect the wiring?  Secondly, if I can't use another HS210 at that j-box can I use a HS200 and how would I wire that one?  I tried connecting the HS200 by going one black from 14/2 from light number one to one black on HS200, then the other black from HS200 to the other black from the 14/2 going to the garage lights.  The grounds are all together and the neutrals are together.  I have power to j-box two, but connecting the switch in different combos I get nothing. I'm at a loss.  Would appreciate any help.  Thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 154

Replies: 0