KC100 Kasa spot cam not recording motion detect events or sending notifications to my iPhone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

KC100 Kasa spot cam not recording motion detect events or sending notifications to my iPhone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-22 18:01:33
Model: KC100  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.3.6

This cam used to work fine but now will not record motion events or send notifications to my iPhone app.   At all. Tried power cycling, tried hard reset and reinstalling the cam.  No joy.  It streams fine and I can view it anytime on the iPhone app.  Just has zero motion detect ability regardless of settings.  This is in an elder care scenario and I need the motion detect notification to work.  I don't see any alternative firmwares or a way to downgrade back?  Can that be done?  How?  And where can I get the previous FW?  Or do I just need to go buy a different brand cam??

Options
2 Reply
Re:KC100 Kasa spot cam not recording motion detect events or sending notifications to my iPhone
2022-10-24 19:20:03

@Raylo,

I would honestly recommend going through the camera settings, and disabling any kind of motion notification or AI detection, then reenabling the settings. Sometimes, simply toggling the setting will cause the motion notifications to start triggering again.

Do you still receive clips or recordings of the events when motion happens in front of the camera?

Options
Re:KC100 Kasa spot cam not recording motion detect events or sending notifications to my iPhone
2022-10-24 19:24:48 - last edited 2022-10-24 19:25:28

@Riley_S 

Already tried all that.  Motion detect and clip recording simply does not work.  At all.  I am guessing that this has to be a hardware failure issue.  I went to Best Buy and got another SpotCam, model KC401 (looks identical to my old one), and it works perfectly.  Old cam going into the trash. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 532

Replies: 2