Please add ES20M to "Model Selection" so we can select the correct thing.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-25 02:30:15
Model: KS220M  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Then:

1. ES-20M suggestions:
    1. Implement preprogrammed steps and “double tap” and “long press” from the HS220.
      1. I would really like to directly goto “10%” on a long push at times otherwise set for much brighter use when motion is active.
    2. Allow a “preset” to be “Turn on and disregard motion off timer (remain on)”.  Call from a double tap.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Please add ES20M to "Model Selection" so we can select the correct thing.
2022-10-25 17:00:47

@dafish,

Thanks, I added the ES20M as an Available Option.

I will work on forwarding your recommendation to the correct teams. I know that one of our smart dimmers just received some of these abilities, so I will recommend that they look at potentially bringing these features to more devices in the future. 

I really like your second recommendation, as this could prove to be infinitely useful; especially in places where you don't want the light to go off automatically while you are working.

What would you think about also having an option that would prevent the motion timer from activating, if the light switch was interacted with physically? (Without requiring a special action to activate)

Options
Re:Please add ES20M to "Model Selection" so we can select the correct thing.
2022-10-26 00:44:22

@Riley_S 

Thank you (for several things).

Which model are you referring to that gained new features?

As to the motion timer being inactive if physically activated, sure, that's an option, and it that was configurable it's somewhat useful.  But I'm not sure it's useful enough.  Let me explain more.

First, I think the ES20M is exceptionally capable, and I really love the schedulable behavior.  But there are times when I really really need different brightness levels.  Babysitting my grandchild infants is a good example: 

1. Mid-day naps:  On those occassion I really can't have the normally scheduled brightness come on when I enter.
  2. Middle of the night feedings:   I need more light to find the darn pacifier than I normally have dialed in for middle of the night lighting.

For both a "Long Push" to a pre-set (I use 20% on my HS200's) would be perfect,

Yet other times, I don't want the thing to turn off right away.   The thing is if we ONLY turn off the motion timer on a physical turn-on we've lost two things:

1. The default for "physical on" to be turned off by timer.
  2. The ability to call an alternate brightness level via a preset.

So yea, by physical "on" is better than nothing, but presets are substantially more powerful.  If possible of course!

Finally, let me make an additional suggestion:

• The ES-20M has a bad tendency to turn itself off when I enter and hit "physical on" by habit.  The darn thing needs some kind of command buffer delay such that it doesn't process two commands within say 1 second of the other.   Unless maybe you're familiar with this and have a different take?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 375

Replies: 2