Echo's say "Device is disabled, please enable to control it" when I ask for lights to turn on.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Echo's say "Device is disabled, please enable to control it" when I ask for lights to turn on.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-25 13:45:30

I've rebooted all echos and wi-fi as well as disabled and reinabled the skill in Alexa app. Research is telling me that this response is a result of server on TP-link side not responding to Alexa server properly.

I do have a new version of Kasa app on my phone from a week or so ago.

What else can I try? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Echo's say "Device is disabled, please enable to control it" when I ask for lights to turn on.
2022-10-25 16:42:25

@Pbarker,

I would try to unlink and relink my TP-Link account in the Alexa App in this situation, have you ensured that it is requiring you to log into your Kasa Account again? Otherwise, try logging in at https://alexa.amazon.com

What do the devices show as in Alexa? Can you control them?

Did the Alexa App have an update that disables some devices from being controlled by voice by default?

It is recommended to try and change the name of a device in the Kasa app to see if the change will be reflected in the Alexa App.

Lastly, try and use the discover devices button in the Alexa app, to see if Alexa will find the devices.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 462

Replies: 1

Related Articles