Lights are not turning off.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-26 01:51:12
Model: KS230 KIT  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0

I am changing my lutron dvcl-153p with KS230. It is currently installed like this. (I didn't know until check lines again)

d0c241f925d94dc68bef2634eec0b229

There is a no neutral line available in satellite side while, it has hot wire in the that box. In dimmer side, i have line and neutral line in the dimmer side box. Can i put line and load together to main switch (black screw)? or any other suggestions?

5096bf15ee9048e59aa7b0d71c5fd1c1e4f66438546f4fec88a08c3193e8e221

37f9310366d541539a34f436b4a55bee

Options
1 Reply
Re:Lights are not turning off.
2022-10-26 18:25:12

@Burakf 

1)  Color means nothing.  I suggest you update your drawing with the known function of each wire.

2)  No smart device will work, or even power up, without neutral.   It's a simple "go/no go" fact.   

3)  No smart device will work, or even power up, without full time power.  Not power via a traveler.  Another "go/no go" fact.   

4)  Can you connect the line and the load together at the dimmer?  Sure, so long as you don't want it to ever turn off that will work fine (so no).

As to what I see on the drawing:

A) Lets label the ports on the dimmer, but where is power coming to the dimmer?  Are you trying to power it from a traveler?  A smart device needs a full time power and full time neutral.

B) Where is the neutral on the dimmer?

FYI, some smart dimmers really only need one traveler.  The Feit works that way, as an example.  So you could, for one of those switches, steal one traveler and re-purpose it as a full-time hot line.  KS230 may or may not work that way too.

Finally, just an observation:   For testing purposes ONLY one could perhaps run a white neutral stub to a ground wire.   That's not appropriate, code supported, or etc, but it will allow the box to power up and let you test out the rest of the wiring.

Options