Smart Light Timers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Smart Light Timers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Smart Light Timers
Smart Light Timers
2022-10-27 14:06:17

Do any of the smart light timers have the ability to turn lights on at dusk and remain on for a preset time? This is convenient as the dusk time changes throughout the year.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Smart Light Timers
2022-10-27 16:44:37
1) Their motion sensing has an ambient light setting. You could turn that on and motion sense off, see if you liked what you got. 2) IFTT has similar of triggers. I think Sunrise/Sunset is the most talked about. 3) Alexa has a sunrise/sunset trigger as well. There's likely more options is you internet search a bit.
Options
2022-10-27 20:06:07

@dafish 

This motion sensor in the switch will be installed inside my home and will not get the call to turn outside lights on. In another home I had a Wemo that got the dusk time from the internet. Apparently this is not the same technology. 

Options
2022-11-01 04:14:07
Tom, almost everything has an option to pull sunrise and sunset for the internet and act on it. I'm certainly doing it. At the very least you could: Use Alexa or Use IFTT or Use Kasa Smart Actions. Politely, kind sir, my guess some if this isn't super clear to you. Perhaps consider a youtube video on Kasa Smart Actions. I believe you'll be impressed. Luck to you, -d
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 172

Replies: 3

Related Articles