KL125 Colors don't match

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

KL125 Colors don't match

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
KL125 Colors don't match
KL125 Colors don't match
2022-10-31 22:16:49
Model: KL125  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.8

I have 2 x KL125 bulbs (2-pack) and their colors don't match. I grouped them together in the app, and set the color but one is much "lighter" in color. It's very obvious too, so unfortunate when I'm wanting to match them for holidays.

Options
4 Reply
Re:KL125 Colors don't match
2022-11-01 00:59:23

@rsherga,

Is it possible that the brightness is set differently on the bulbs, causing one to have more 'white' added to the color?

While inconvenient for sure, you could create a smart action that would allow the lights to match colors by controlling them independently. 

If you set the color and brightness separately for each bulb, does it appear as if the lights match? I know that when the new Kasa 3.0 App Launched there were a few issues regarding the temperature/brightness of bulbs not being changed when in a group, I believe the bug was fixed, however it sounds somewhat similar.

Options
2022-11-01 01:13:03
Thank you so much for your reply. I had first tried setting all possible variables via group settings, but then tried individually adjusting as well as you suggest. However, it just doesn't seem to be able to match. And the color difference can be described like this: One light will be a vivid red, and the other will look pink.
Options
2022-11-01 17:48:00

@rsherga,

Did you purchase the bulb in a pack together? Or were the devices purchased separately?

When the devices are connected, do the hardware versions match in the Device Settings screen for both bulbs?

Can you provide a picture of the bulbs so the team can try to see why it may be brighter.

Lastly, does the behavior stay the same when changing between all the colors, or only red?

Options
2022-11-01 18:57:07

@Riley_S 

Yes they're from a pack together and have same hardware versions.

I will have to take a look later to see what is all affected, and get a picture too.

I first noticed it when doing orange (for halloween), and it was nice vivid orange vs almost peach.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 364

Replies: 4

Related Articles