Keeping the ES20M smart motion switch on

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-06 01:18:34
Tags: #Motion
Model: ES20M  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.8

I have enabled the switch to sense motion, "Far Range". I sit with my back to the switch and only move my arms and hands for typing on my PC. I set the Trigger to turn off the light if it doesn't sense motion for "1 minute". The switch doesn't see my motion and turns off after a minute. I have to wave my arms to get it to turn on again. I could set the time to turn off with no motion for longer, let's say five minutes, but I want to be able to walk out of the room and have the switch turn off after one minute. Is there a way to have it see my small motions? Is there a way to have it stay on while I am at my desk? I tried turning it on manually but it still turns off after a minute. Thanks!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Keeping the ES20M smart motion switch on
2022-11-07 02:34:03

@MichaelJO 

IMHO, this is a present day weakness with the motion sensing logic.   I've asked, as I suspect others have, for a pre-set capability, lets say "Long Press", that turns on and doesn't turn off via the motion sensor timer.

As to motion trigger sensitiity increase, no, no reasonable way.  It could be done w/additional motion sensors & IFTT or Alexa, but it would very Kludgy.   At present my daytime schedules have no "off" at all.  I either command off via Alexa or let one of my scheduled Power Off All lights sweeps handle it.

If you can code you could write an IFTT applet that shut lights off after X minutes of no keyboard actiivity.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 585

Replies: 1

Tags

Motion
Related Articles