Votes

Creating Scenes in the new App version is really bad

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-10 19:36:56 - last edited 2022-12-07 18:12:28

Its been a while since I created a new scene. Seems that one of the recent updates (guessing 3.x.y) the UI for scene creation changed. Now I need to add devices one at a time to a scene and instead of multi-select, as in previous versions.

Is there any way around this? Are the devs taking feedback to correct this?

For example, I have 46 devices (44 switches + 2 plugs) and having to manually add them one at a time is pretty horrific. Previously I could multi-select some/all and add it to the scene.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Creating Scenes in the new App version is really bad
2022-11-11 01:12:18 - last edited 2022-11-11 19:24:56

@Chancleta,

The devs are always taking feedback for our app, especially now that a major update has launched. 

I will forward the request to them, as it seems like this would definitely be beneficial to users with a ton of devices.

For now, I would recommend setting them into different groups as device groups are an option for "Control Smart Devices", while not perfect, it would allow you to easily create another smart action without having to add all the devices individually. The group creation screen also has the ability to select multiple devices at once.

Options
Re:Creating Scenes in the new App version is really bad
2022-11-11 13:00:43 - last edited 2022-11-11 19:24:56

@Riley_S 

Thanks again for the quick reply.

The Groups idea is a helpful work around for a few types of scenes. Unfortunately though when selecting a group there is only on/off option for the action. And this applies to all items in the group. So helpful for all on or all off but not for custom.

The multi select of devices, with ability to individually select action is definitely something we need back.

Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 315

Replies: 2

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.