Light stays on after turning switch off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Light stays on after turning switch off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
19 Reply
Re:Light stays on after turning switch off
2023-01-06 20:04:09

@Riley_S 

The situation happens when running scenes containing multiple devices. It also happens sometime with the manual press... the most recent example I just mention was cause have pushing the switch manually.

Options
2023-02-28 15:33:42 - last edited 2023-02-28 15:34:47

@Riley_S 

I have the same issue with mine. Except I have the HS210 V3.8 switch. Setup is HS210 on line side, dumb switch on load side. Ive tried switching the line and load side with the same result. Only 1 out of the 6 is affected.

- The light turns on and off from the wall switch (both the dumb and smart switch) with no issues but app doesnt recognize it is on and then off again.

- Light turns on normally from the app and by alexa (only if the app is showing the switch is off

- Light DOES NOT turn off when pressed from the app or by alexa. The app shows the light is off but the light is still on. With the app showing it's off, when pressed again the app shows it is on but the light is off. Pressing the button for the 3rd time shows the light is off on the app and nothing happens with the light.

-When turned on from wall switch, app does now show it is on. Pressing the button on the app will turn the light off and app shows it toggled from off to on

-When turned on from the app, the light turns on and app shows its on. Turned off from the wall switch afterwards will turn the light off and app will show it is off.

Happy to provide more info. Dev, any ideas?

Options
2023-05-01 16:50:27

@Riley_S 

Any word back from the dev's? It has been a few months without hearing anything.

This issue still happens at least once every days on one or more dimmers. It is fully random with some dimmers doing much more than others.

The situation is incredibly frustrating as I cannot trust my smart home because of this. I am forced to proactively run a "reset" scene anytime the house in empty to turn off, then on, then off, then on, then off ALL switches.This temporarily holds the issue at bay.

Is there a way to have these dimmers replaced through warranty in hopes of newer hardware fixing this nightmare?

Thank you.

Options
2023-07-19 16:51:15

@Chancleta I have not heard anything back in months. My issues continue. 

Is warranty replacement an option?

Options
2023-07-19 19:45:54

@Chancleta 

Chance

Are the lights showing as "off" in the app but still on, or "on" in the app but still off?   Does the switch physically physically work?  

Increasingly I'm of the opinions that the current switching device, relay, SCR, or whatever, in these is "less the idea" and we're all experiencing failures resultant from same.

Options
2023-07-20 17:59:05

@dafish Yes,. the app shows the lights as off, matching the visual indicator on the switch itself... so both show off but the lights remain on. This is actually a potential safety issue beyond the general annoyance.

I 'clear this issue' but one of two methods... either toggly the physical switch or toggle in the app. Then the behavior returns to normal until the next time the issue happens.

Options
2023-07-25 17:40:18

@Chancleta 

This happens to all of my dimmer switches too.  It's not too often, maybe 1 out of every 50 presses, but it is annoying.  I don't use any automation or scenes at all, it is all manual activation.  I only have 4 dimmers but they all do it.

Options
2023-08-03 17:14:28

Is anyone able to tell us anything on this? There seems to be an issue with the dimmers and we need support, please.

Options
2023-08-08 16:13:42

@Riley_S 

Anything? Can we return and replace the affected dimmers through warranty?

I am also seeing the above reported issue of the light staying on after manually turning the dimmer off... the circle LED indicator is active showing the switch to be off... but the light is on. So this is clearly not an APP or Scence issue. Some kind of issue in the dimmer itself (HW or FW or both).

Options