Smart Plug Mini won't reconnect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-15 02:20:32
Model: EP10  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Suddenly, 2 out of 3 mini Smart Plugs won't reconnect to wifi.  I get a message they are "Unreachable. Your device may be powered off or out of network range."  They have worked fine for 6 months and one still works fine.  I cannot delete them from the app nor can I reconnect them.  I cannot add them if they cannot be deleted.  Please help!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Smart Plug Mini won't reconnect
2022-11-15 19:42:15

@SBM1950,

If you only perform a soft reset of the device, hold the button for 5 Seconds, compared to the 10 seconds needed for a factory reset, the network settings on the device will be reset and you should then be able to set up the device as you would normally. This will also cause the device to keep its name and configuration options, as it is meant to for reconnecting your device to a network when the connection is lost.

I believe that the unavailable device in the list should not affect your ability to connect the plug to your network. I believe that this is also true for Factory Resets, as I have been able to readd devices without deleting them.

Options
2023-02-07 15:42:47

@SBM1950 

Was there a resolution? I have the same issue. Had to do a factory reset on my router and now all my smart link devices will not reconnect even though the network name and password are the same as before the reset.

Options
2023-02-07 17:19:14

@CF4,

Even if your network password and SSID are the same, the devices may not reconnect if there are other settings that make the network look different than the previous. 

The solution is to use a soft(5 Sec) reset and reconfigure the network settings for the device, otherwise you can delete the devices in the Kasa App by tapping and holding on a device name, then you can perform a factory reset to reconfigure the plugs

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1270

Replies: 3