Matching Bright White Color

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-15 03:39:26 - last edited 2022-11-15 03:56:13
Model: KS230 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I've installed Smart Switches throughout the house.   I have a few places where passive 3-way decorator switches are required.  The Pass & Seymour Legrands I have today are a poor color match.  A sort of dingy dull white vs the more reflective bright white of the smart switches.   Wife is not happy.  

Question:   Has anybody noticed a well matching white switch brand?

Here's an example:

2f16abc04c084f4fa40fff8681ff9908

Options
6 Reply
Re:Matching Bright White Color
2022-12-13 21:46:13

@dafish I've also been on the hunt for matching switches. I'm looking for regular "dumb" paddle switches that will match the Kasa bright glossy white finish. My house has white Leviton rocker switches and they do not match at all. It leaves a terrible look to a multi-gang setup, and like you, my wife does not approve.

Did you ever find a brand that matches the Kasa.

A message to tp-link: you really need to produce a dumb paddle switch that matches your smart switches. All households, including mine, will have switches where smart switches are not appropriate, yet I've found it impossible to find a switch that matches Kasa's bright white. 

Options
2022-12-16 21:30:23

@davidcom 

Nope.  I've decided the plastic color of my Legrand rockers have yellowed and new switches are needed.  All covers I've purchased, 2, 3, even 4 gang Levitons, have been fine as far as whiteness and sheen goes.  Bleaching old rockers ones did nothing.  You don't really notice it on the old toggle switches. 

Threads on this around the i-net are conflicting and inconclusive.  In general the Legrand stuff is thought to be better built.  However, Lowes (eaton) lousy customer service ticks me off even more than Menards (Legrang) hassle filled return policy, so apparently I'm going to Home Depot and buying Leviton Decora's.  A 10 paclk of 2 poles are under $20 from any of them, and 3-ways are in the low $3's each, so...

Somet threads:

White Dumb Switches that match Kasa? Inexpensive Screwless Coverplates? : TPLinkKasa (reddit.com)

2-gang wall plate for HS200 - TP-Link Community

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFmegBW0HCc

Options
2022-12-23 15:04:43

@dafish 

For the next guy:

Leviton faceplates are a pretty close match.  I've no reservation using them.

Every "dumb" rocker switch I've tried so far has been a dirty looking off-white that doesn't look right.  So far my old Legrand/P&S are the worst, then the Eatons, leaving the Leviton's as the best.   Frankly they are all poor matches to the Kasa, with the differences between the Eason, Leviton, and Legrand so slight as to be meaningless.

More if I find a better option.

Options
2022-12-23 16:28:14

@dafish appreciate you taking the time to answer and give an update. Shame there isn't a better solution out there!

Options
2022-12-24 05:08:09

@davidcom 

This won't be cheap, but "Snow White" may be the answer:

Try searching for "lutron, color, home" and see what results you get (it won't let me post a link for you)

Options
2022-12-24 12:52:26

@dafish I found the Lutron Claro On/Off Switch, 15-Amp, Single-Pole, Snow at Home Depot $15 each (yikes!). Is that the one you're referring to? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 465

Replies: 6