Cannot connect cell phone to wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-16 17:30:28
Model: Archer A9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Greetings, I have tried unsuccessfully to get a new Samsung S22 phone to connect over wifi.  I live in a place that does not have cell service, so being able to call and text over wifi is important to me.  I finally sent the phone back, after probably 6 hours of tech support (both from my cell service provider and from Samsung) unable to figure it out.    We have never been able to get the menu option (connect to wifi) to even show up on the phone.  Could it be something within my router preventing the connection?  I also have a device, Grandstream Model HT801, connected to my TP router.  I don't know what it is, or what role it might play in the problem either.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Cannot connect cell phone to wifi
2022-11-17 06:28:29

@NoTechno 

Have you tried all of the suggestions provided by Samsung?

Try to change the SSID and channel on the TP-Link router as well as per this guide, you can leave the network without a password to test if the phone can connect to it.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Cannot connect cell phone to wifi
2022-11-20 01:01:53

@NoTechno 

Perhaps I should better explain my problem.  I can connect to the internet over my home wifi.  I can do searches on the phone, and view websites.  I cannot make or receive calls or texts.

My understanding is that once the phone detects wifi, a menu choice should show up under Settings, Connections, allowing wifi calling to be toggled on or off.  I do not get this menu choice.  It never shows up. (I understand that this toggle can also be reached by tapping on the phone icon, going to settings, and it should be on the next menu, but it is not there, either.)

I have followed all the suggestions from Samsung.  They bumped me up to the next level of tech help, who told me that wifi calling was not available on unlocked phones.  I refuse to believe that!

I have also made sure that wifi calling is enabled through my cell service provider (Ting Mobile).

This is why I am wondering if it is somehow the router preventing wifi calling from happening.  I will be trying to change the SSID and channel on the router next, to see if that helps.

Thanks for trying to help me!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 352

Replies: 2

Related Articles