HS210 3-way switch issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

HS210 3-way switch issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
HS210 3-way switch issue
HS210 3-way switch issue
2022-11-23 05:55:06
Model: HS210  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version:

Hi folks, wanted to mention an issue I came across and how to solve it.

if you are using hs210 with neutral wire, you wired everything "correctly" and when you turn off one switch the other switch stops working.. well - you did not wire it correctly!

in my case, when I removed the analog 3 way switch I noted my configuration as 2 black wires are travelers and red wire load/line.

in the configuration, I would wire my hs210 switches and add neural. After that - switches did not work as original analog would.  One of the 3 way switches became a "main" switch and the other switch would not work if main switch was in off state.

i was under impression I had faulty neutral wiring or hs210 batch were bad, decided to switch back to original analog switches - and when I did - the analog switch also had the same problem.

then I watch a video on YouTube on how to troubleshoot 3-way switches and realized that even though I used the same wiring from analog switches - 2 traverelers and load (no neutral connected, although available), for some reason they were not correct.

here how I re-identified travelers and load, after using this method - everything worked correctly 

https://youtu.be/EGyXhV0p-4w

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 288

Replies: 0

Related Articles