Votes

Creating Scenes in the new App version (Second issue)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-15 21:44:06

Hello.

I had previous posted a thread on the scene creation problem where you have to manually add one device at a time, instead of the previous behavior of multi-selecting.

https://community.tp-link.com/us/smart-home/forum/topic/588648

Another issue with the scence creation in the 3.x is as follows:

1. Add device #1.

2. When Adding device #2 to the scene, device #1 shows in the list of devices to be added.

Previously once a device was added, it did not show in the list when adding another device. I hope tihs makes sense.

This may not sound like an issue but when you have many devices (I have 46), it becomes next to impossible to remember which one you added 13 devices ago and whether you should select it again or not. This makes scene creation terribly painful.

Could we please revert to the previous behavior where only devices not already in the scene are shown?

Please let me know if you need clarificaiton on this.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Creating Scenes in the new App version (Second issue)
2022-12-22 19:23:07

@Riley_S

Any feedback on this? This is a real pain... I mean a real pain for anyone that has a large number of devices. I currently have 46... and am expecting more arriving for Christmas. heart That will push me over the 50 mark.

Options
Re:Creating Scenes in the new App version (Second issue)
2022-12-22 19:32:20

@Chancleta,

No problem, this is one of those small nuances that was most likely overlooked in the development of the 3.0 version of scenes. There were a lot of changes made between both Tapo and Kasa to bring their automation platforms out of beta, so smaller features may have been left behind when developing the new platform. 

I will pass along the feedback regarding how inconvenient this is for users with a large number of devices. As the app roll out has settled, the team is definitely looking for feedback on any Quality of Life features that could be added to the app.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 285

Replies: 2

Voters 2