Kasa Android App

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Kasa Android App

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Kasa Android App
Kasa Android App
2022-12-20 12:21:46

The updated Kasa app allows you to set up multiple homes. How do you remove a home? 

Options
11 Reply
Re:Kasa Android App
2022-12-20 18:35:24

@wrbird 

In the upper left corner tap on the current Home name.  This will open a dropdown with home selections and Home Settings.  Tap on Home Settings.   From the list you can tap on any of the additional homes that you added and at the bottom will have the option to Delete that home.  The main home cannot be deleted though, only the added ones. 

Options
2022-12-20 19:22:30

@Carl Thanks. Now I know why there's no delete option, it's the first home I created. So, is the only way to remove that home is to reinstall the app and then recreate the home I want and resetup all my devices for that home? 

Options
2022-12-21 16:43:47

@wrbird 

not really.  Because of the "main" home, any device that is not assigned to a different home will show up in the main.  So if you delete the app and reinstall and then sign back into the account you will see what is currently there.   

The best thing to do is create a new Home and assign the devices you want in that home, that is the best customizing you would be able to do right now.  

Options
2022-12-21 17:47:37

@Carl I currently deleted all my devices from my "main" home because I no longer live there. But I can't delete that home because it's my main home. My second home and all it's devices are working good.

If I'm understanding what you're saying, if I uninstall and reinstall the app without deleting my second home and it's devices, then the only home that will show up after the reinstall is my second home? That way I don't have to resetup all my devices again for the second home? 

Options
2022-12-21 21:43:15

@wrbird 

Your account should stay setup as you have it configured, even if you delete the app.  This is because everything is stored on the cloud.  This is why you can sign in with a new device or even platform (Android instead of iOS or vise versa) and everything pops up how you have it configured previously.  

Yes the main home can't be deleted because its the main home and thus the default.  If you create a 2nd home and assign devices to it then they will be assigned to that home until you delete it. 

Options
2022-12-21 22:32:04

@Carl Ok, this is way more complicated then it should be. I sold my "main" house and deleted all the devices. I have my second home already set up with all of it's devices. I only want to have one home shown in the app. What's the best way to fix this? 

Options
2022-12-22 16:50:09

@wrbird 

the "Home" feature is just a sorting feature.  It allows you to group your devices into "Homes".  Yes, a majority of people will use this when they have devices in more than one location but it's still just a sorting feature.  This is why you can't delete the main "home".  The main "Home" is the default state of the app where if you do not have any other homes created will house all of your Kasa devices, regardless of their physical locations.  If you sold your original home and removed the devices in there then all you need to do is delete the additional home you created in the app and your devices should just all show up in the app's default location which is the main Home.  

That is a longer explanation but if you are confused I am sure others are too so I wanted to explain it in detail.

Options
2022-12-22 17:18:20

Thank you @Carl The explanation is perfect and I understand completely. I'll do what you said and report back. Thank you again. 

Options
2022-12-22 17:27:29

@Carl I went to delete home as you said expecting the devices to automatically move over to the "main" home. A message popped up telling me to move the devices to another home before it can be deleted.

I can find the option to delete my devices from this home, but I can't find how to move them to another home. How do I move devices? 

Options
2022-12-22 17:39:30

@wrbird 

Long press on the device in that home

Tap the relocate button on the bottom

tap the "Home" name at the top to open a drop-down and select the "Main" home

Assign the device to a room and wait for confirmation.

Repeat till all devices are removed from the 2nd "Home"

Additionally I do not like how involved the process is so I will be asking for a simpflied approach to be added in the future. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 630

Replies: 11

Related Articles