Updating firmware on HS210 and HS200 smart switches

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-23 20:49:11 - last edited 2022-12-23 20:53:42
Tags: #Firmware Update, Time Sync
Model: HS210   HS200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.2

I had a power loss recently, and noticed all the switches were showing a date of Jan 2000 or so. The switches responded to the KASA app, but not to Smart Things or Alexa integration.

One of the solutions was to soft reset them (hold the reset button, which is the one to your right facing the switch) for 5seconds to do a soft restart.

I thought I'll be clever and just update the pending firmware 1.0.2 -> 1.0.9, since that will do a soft reset and save me from resetting ~40 switches i have at home. 

The firmware update will show as if its downloading but never proceeded ever.

1. Do the soft reset on all switches, confirm in KASA app, tha the Device Settings -> Device Info shows the current date.
  2. On 3 way switches you might notice the reset also works as a power switch. if the 5s reset didn't refresh the time properly, simply go to the other switch pair and perform the reset. If it didn't switch then it should reflect the new time properly.
  3. After you have updated all the switches to current time.
  4. Upgrade the firmware by going to the "Me" button bottom right, then -> Firmware Update -> Update all 

That should fix it.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Updating firmware on HS210 and HS200 smart switches
2022-12-27 02:32:47

@HappyKing Nice sharing.

I wonder after a soft reset, will the switch receive the latest firmware at the end of installation?

Options
Re:Updating firmware on HS210 and HS200 smart switches
2022-12-27 02:36:37

@Little_C yes, they worked right after the date and time were synced up !!! 

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 470

Replies: 2

Tags

Firmware Update, Time Sync
Related Articles