Is there a way to password protect one camera in my home group?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-04 23:01:21
Tags: #Live View #Feature Request #password protect
Model: EC70  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a couple of Kasa Cameras in my home, one of which is in our livingroom so we can keep an eye on our elderly dog when we leave the house. His anxiety is terrible when we're gone and he calms down a lot when we can check on him and talk to him through it. I also have an EC70 that we use as a baby monitor for our granddaughter who has a nursery upstairs so we and her parents can see her when we babysit her. This means that my daughter has access to all of the cameras in our home. I'd like to password protect the one in our livingroom if that's possible. I wouldn't remember to plug it back in when we leave and turning it off in the app doesn't do any good since she also has the app. Is this something that is possible to do?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Is there a way to password protect one camera in my home group?
2023-01-06 07:14:08

@nightsmusic 

If all your cameras are under the same accounts, then your daughter will be able to access all the cameras.

You may connect the living room camera using a different account while in that way you will need switch accounts to view different cameras

Options
Re:Is there a way to password protect one camera in my home group?
2023-01-06 10:40:59

@Little_C   Thank you. I thought that might be the case. I think I'll set them up on their own account then and leave ours as is since I have a few on our account and they use only the one. Would be a nice thing to have moving forward. :)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 477

Replies: 2

Tags

Related Articles