Suggestion: Kasa LCD switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-15 01:27:09 - last edited 2023-01-18 01:51:50

Any plan to make 1 or 2 gang LCD touch screen smart switch?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Suggestion: Kasa LCD switch
2023-01-18 01:51:30 - last edited 2023-01-18 01:51:50

@Cuibap,

We don't usually hear of any plans for new product lines until much closer to when a device would be set to release. An LCD light switch is not a request that we often receive, in fact, the first request for such a device was just made recently in our survey of devices users would like to see. While there are not many on the market, I assume that you are referring to switches that have a control panel for your smart devices, like brilliant's switch. I will pass the recommendation on to the team as it seems to begin to become a popular request.

Are there any specific features that you would like to see for the device. We are starting with a blank slate for this product type so any specifics would be useful

Options
Re:Suggestion: Kasa LCD switch
2023-01-18 03:20:57

@Riley_S I'm thinking about a 2-gang minimum so it has enough real estate to display useful data: weather, clock, security status via some integration with security equipment, etc. The 2-gang would need to have a way to configure 2 switches with a combination of standard switch or 3-way switch, etc. It might have a way to communicate with the doorbell. Anyway, just  a thought

Riley_S wrote

@Cuibap,

We don't usually hear of any plans for new product lines until much closer to when a device would be set to release. An LCD light switch is not a request that we often receive, in fact, the first request for such a device was just made recently in our survey of devices users would like to see. While there are not many on the market, I assume that you are referring to switches that have a control panel for your smart devices, like brilliant's switch. I will pass the recommendation on to the team as it seems to begin to become a popular request.

Are there any specific features that you would like to see for the device. We are starting with a blank slate for this product type so any specifics would be useful

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 379

Replies: 2