Kasa switches no longer working in SmartThings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-15 15:19:00 - last edited 2023-01-15 18:19:49
Model: Kasa HS200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Had 4 HS200 switches, all working for over a year with automations in SmartThings based on Samsung Motion sensors.

Added 1 HS210 and 2 HS200's today. Now nothing is working in SmartThings, even the old ones that worked up until I added the new switches.

They all work in the Kasa app.  

When I try to add the new switches to SmartThings, only the 4 old switches show.  I removed 1 to try to re-add it, and not it won't show either. (Kasa account is linked.)

Have tried factory reset on the 1 I removed, and it works in Kasa again, but won't import into SmartThings.

Suggestions?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Kasa switches no longer working in SmartThings
2023-01-16 18:37:57

@carneyb,

First make sure that you can see and control the problem device when in the Kasa app while you are not connected to your home network. Its possible that the device is not linked to the cloud and is under local control.

Try relinking your Kasa Account in the SmartThings app, this will force the devices to be imported again; the devices will have the same settings so your automation should carry over.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 553

Replies: 1

Related Articles