Can’t connect dimmer to wifi,

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-16 03:19:27

I installed the HS220 but I can't get it to connect to my main wifi

I am able to control the switch only when my phone connects to the dimmer's wifi. However, it wont connect the dimmer to the main wifi. Once I switch my phone to main wifi, dimmer no longer connected to the app

my wifi is in 2.4MHw 

please help

Options
2 Reply
Re:Can’t connect dimmer to wifi,
2023-01-16 15:08:16

@Camilosoler 

update

i installed a second switch in my home. It powers the lights properly and dimming also works

New switch is having same issue as the first, it will not connect to my home wifi.

both switches only work in Kasa app when my phone is connected directly to their unique wifi. When I switch wifis, switches appear offline 

I've read through a lot of the troubleshooting on the website but still no luck. I've reset both switches and reconnected 

Options
Re:Can’t connect dimmer to wifi,
2023-01-17 00:34:26 - last edited 2023-01-17 00:35:30

@Camilosoler,

So you are correct, the device is not linking to your network; when you are going through the setup process for the device, does the setup indicate that there was a problem with the setup; the app should walk you through the process and will switch between your phone and home network to setup the dimmer. The most common reason for failure is that there is either a VPN enabled on your device, or the setting for Private Addressing is enabled for your home and devices network. 

Also, to clarify, are you able to see the device connected to the network from your router's client list? If so, the devices arent able to communicate with the cloud, in this case, try changing your DNS server.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 212

Replies: 2

Related Articles