Random connection issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Random connection issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Random connection issues
Random connection issues
2023-01-16 20:18:51

I've updated to the latest firmware and reset everything but I'm still seeing random connection issues. It will happen on all 3 devices (going red) and last a couple minutes or so and then will go back green.  This happens several times a day and has been going on since I installed the Deco wireless system. Called Comcast, they say they can see that all has been well to the cable modem... 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Random connection issues
2023-01-16 22:47:20

@tsthrone,

Can you provide some more information regarding what Deco models you are using for your network and how your network is configured? 

A Similar Behavior was fixed in a firmware update a while back, so I would make sure that you are using the most up to date firmware listed on the official download page for your mdoel.

Options
2023-01-17 00:38:48

@Riley_S 

Hi, it's an X60, US/v2.6

Firmware version

1.5.1 build 20210204 rel. 50164

They are all just plugged into power.

Options
2023-01-17 19:48:29

@tsthrone,

When all three of the nodes turn to red, it usually indicates that there is an issue communicating with the outside network, such as an IP address not being set correctly, or a temporary lapse in connection from your ISP.

Something to make sure of: If you have a modem from your ISP, make sure that you have disabled any wireless functionality or any routing settings by setting the modem to operate in Bridge or Passthrough Mode. If the ISP modem is managing the network connections, it is possible that the deco network is being assigned a new address from the modem, causing the disconnect.

When the disconnect appears to occur, is the internet connection lost on both wireless and wired clients? I have seen similar behavior where the lights will flash red when the wireless network goes down, but the wired clients still have a connection. 

Lastly, who is your ISP, and what modem are you connecting the decos to?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 203

Replies: 3

Related Articles