Votes

HS300: using an energy threshold on one plug to switch on/off the other 5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-18 18:47:28 - last edited 2023-01-19 21:47:02
Tags: #automation
Model: HS300  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.12

I just got a HS300 extension cord with a TV, a soundbar, a Govee TV strip, and a subwoofer on it.

I can see that, for example, the subwoofer is using about 6W while in standby. But I only need it on, when the TV is on.

I would like a way to automate the subwoofer plug behaviour, by switching it on, only when the TV consumption goes above a certain level (let's say 10W), and switching it off, when the TV consumption drops below the threshold (plus or minus a hysteresis).

In other words, the subwoofer plug should be on, only when the TV is running (i.e. not in standby or off).

Options
4 Reply
Re:HS300: using an energy threshold on one plug to switch on/off the other 5
2023-01-19 20:17:25

@UltimaGaina,

Thanks for the feedback, as our team builds out our automation platform, I would expect similar features and user requests to appear more often. 

I have already passed your request to the team for consideration. For now, you may be able to create a similar functionality using SmartThings as their automation platform is extremly powerful. You may also find other ways of automating this to be more consistent, such as if you have a SmartTV that connects to SmartThings also.

I have a setup that may be able to do something similar, so I will give it a shot when I get home tonight

Options
2023-01-19 20:40:20

@Riley_S Exellent! Thank you for considering this proposal.

Tbh, I checked smartthings as well, but neighter my Sony Bravia, nor my Hisense TVs are supported by the platform.

And I couldn't find a way to build a trigger based on the energy consumption of a specific plug. It only offers the choice between on and off, not for energy level.

If you find a way, it would be highly appreciated if you could share it here!

Cheers, and thanks again!

Options
RE:HS300: using an energy threshold on one plug to switch on/off the other 5
2023-02-17 15:14:14
I am looking for this trigger as well.
Options
2023-02-17 15:16:43

@Riley_S  I am looking for something like this also.  When someone turns off a appliance plugged into a smart plug I want to be notified.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 285

Replies: 4

Voters 3

Tags

automation