HS210 toggle issue on 3 way switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-25 18:56:03 - last edited 2023-01-25 18:57:08
Model: HS210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I installed one HS210 3 way switch yesterday in a box with a neutral and left the other dumb switch (that has no neutral) alone. I am getting power to the HS210 and can add it to the app. However, I am running into a problem. When I turn the switch on from the app the light in question turns on. But within about 25-30 seconds, the app changes and indicates that the light is off even though it is still on. Is this a wiring issue related to the legacy switch that I left in place? My understanding was that I could one HS210 along with a legacy switch in a 3 way switch configuration. Thanks for any help!

Options
1 Reply
Re:HS210 toggle issue on 3 way switch
2023-01-26 00:16:07

@goodwillhinton,

I would definitely recommend reading through the pinned post from another user that goes into extreme detail about how these devices are wired and could work in different situations. In most cases, users have had success configuring these devices like this. However, there are a lot of things to consider. The pinned post can be found here:

HS210 3-Way Installation Tutorial

If you are having issues configuring the device without the extra unit, I recommend adding the extra unit to the setup. It is possible that the main unit is looking for the device in order to complete the setup.

I would, however, first check to see if the behavior follows the device when you are disconnected from your local wireless network. If you connect to a cellular connection, does the app respond correctly?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 291

Replies: 1

Related Articles