Connecting EC70 to multiple IOS devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-25 21:44:33
Model: EC70  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I bought a second EC70 camera for our vacaton home and have one already installed at our house. I was wondering if there is a way to connect to the camera remotely on addtional Iphones/Ipads without having to reboot the camera and connect to the wifi. Right now I have one camera runnig on one Iphone and the other on a different Iphone but would like to be able to add enable a separate Ipad with the Kasa app to be able to connect to both cameras. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Connecting EC70 to multiple IOS devices
2023-01-26 17:28:46

@sbstew,

As the feature stands, you are only able to see the camera stream on any devices that are logged into the same TP-Link ID. The Kasa App, in the 3.0 update, added multiple homes to the app, allowing you to manage multiple homes from one TP-Link ID.

To set the camera up with another TP-Link ID, you would need to reset the camera and connect to the SSID that is created by the camera during the setup process. This, unfortunately means that there is no way to move the device to a new account. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 205

Replies: 1