Ring and August Lock - XE75 Pro vs X90

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-04 16:06:32 - last edited 2023-02-04 16:07:36
Model: Deco XE75 Pro   Deco X90  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: XE75- 1.0.2 Build 20221020 Rel. 40492/X90- 1.1.4 Build 20221114 Nel 50907

I've been using 2-X90 devices for well over 2 years and have been reasonably happy with them. I moved about 8 months ago and the location choices for my Deco X90s made it so that the satellite unit was performing well under half the speed of the main. So, I decided to upgrade to the XE75 Pro versions to get the dedicated WiFi 6 back haul. The difference is amazing. I'm getting very fast speeds from both units (placed in the same location). 

Unfortunately, my Ring cameras and my August locks started intermittently dropping off the network and then coming back on within a minute or so. I read that there were issues with Ring and tried all of the methods mentioned online - I even created a secure guest network for 2.4 GHz devices. No improvement. I finally decided to disable the guest network and put up one of the X90s on a separate network and then added all of the troubled devices to it. Everything now works fine.

It's disappointing that I had to do this because I was going to donate the X90s to a place that could use them. 

So, help me understand why the XE75 Pros can't handle Ring and August lock devices, but the X90 can.

Thanks!

Mark

Options
2 Reply
Re:Ring and August Lock - XE75 Pro vs X90
2023-02-07 11:13:09

@MarkAStaples Hi, have you tried to turn off "Mesh Technology" for the Ring and August Lock on the Deco APP?

If possible, please also turn off "Fast roaming" and "Beamforming" under Deco APP>More>Advanced to see whether it helped or not.

As for "put up one of the X90s on a separate network", do you mean connect one X90 via Ethernet cable to XE75 and set up another Mesh network?

How about the dropping frequency of the Ring cameras and August Lock?

Thank you very much.

Wait for your reply.

Options
Re:Ring and August Lock - XE75 Pro vs X90
2023-02-09 02:45:35

@David-TP  I did all of the things you suggested, turned fast roaming And beamforming. I also reset all of the devices. 

As mentioned, I also added the guest network with only 2.4Ghz and connected all of these devices to that network. When none of that worked, I added a NEW network with the x90 - not connecting it to the existing. It's a separate network.

I then connected all of these devices to the X90 mesh network and everything works fine now.

I've been in IT for over 33 years and have setup networks and I've done the research to identify any solutions folks have put out there before I ever posted in the community. I don't claim to know everything, but I spent a lot of time to make the EX75s to work - unsuccessful. Given things worked with the X90 mesh network and they weren't working with the XE75 mesh network, bringing the X90 mesh network on a separate network solved my problem. But it forces me to run two networks - expensive.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 479

Replies: 2

Related Articles