Wi-Fi issues with my XE75 Pro

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-25 16:16:58 - last edited 2023-09-26 03:04:08
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1,2,2

Hi,

I was so happy to have it all working with my XE75 Pro system, but there are issues, Wi-Fi is dropped on phones several times a day, Suddenly page load on a web site halts for 10 seconds or so, then a "not internet connection" message and the Andrdoid network indicator changes to 5G mobile data for a few seconds until Wi-Fi is connected again, This happens randomly on phones on our network, but doesn't seem to affect laptops for some reason. The signal strength is as good as can be so this is something else happening to wi-fi connections. Any idea what could be causing this and how to fix it? 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Wi-Fi issues with my XE75 Pro
2023-09-26 00:43:48

@cdysthe,

There could be a few things that could be happening, but it most likely has to do with the fast roaming technologies and the disconnect is happening as your network attempts to move your device between bands, or between nodes.

Are the laptops wired or wireless? Are you moving when the drop occurs? What Android Phones are you seeing the Disconnects with?

Do you know if your laptops support other bands besides the 2.4 GHz band? If they do not, this could explain why you do not see the disconnects with the laptop.

I would start with disabling Mesh Technology, and Beamforming for the Devices from the Deco App - These are the most common culprits.

Check to see if "Private Addressing" or "Randomized MAC" is enabled on your phone settings. Disable them if they are enabled.

Options
Re:Wi-Fi issues with my XE75 Pro
2023-09-26 19:50:22

Riley_S wrote

@cdysthe,

There could be a few things that could be happening, but it most likely has to do with the fast roaming technologies and the disconnect is happening as your network attempts to move your device between bands, or between nodes.

Are the laptops wired or wireless? Are you moving when the drop occurs? What Android Phones are you seeing the Disconnects with?

Do you know if your laptops support other bands besides the 2.4 GHz band? If they do not, this could explain why you do not see the disconnects with the laptop.

I would start with disabling Mesh Technology, and Beamforming for the Devices from the Deco App - These are the most common culprits.

Check to see if "Private Addressing" or "Randomized MAC" is enabled on your phone settings. Disable them if they are enabled.

@Riley_S  Thank you! Found out what the problem was myself. I disabled "Fast Roaming" and Wi-Fi was rock solid for all again. Not sure why that is, but as long as it works! 

Options