Votes

Turn on and turn off camera with Google Home

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-07 22:28:46 - last edited 2023-02-09 18:13:49

Hello

Not being able to enable/disable camera using google home is a hassle. In fact it makes this very useless.

We want to disable the camera when we are at home. So when we access we just need to ask google home to turn on the ;lights and turn off the camera. In fact we can create some routines soon

Same with enable. We want to leave the home and have one single point of contact to enable/disable  lights, locks and secirity . Otherwise we will end up having a single app for every single smart device out there

Is it possible to implement a setting where the user can chose if they want to be able to enable/disable the camera through google home please?

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:Turn on and turn off camera with Google Home
2023-02-09 18:11:08

@uri200,

Thanks for the feedback, I know that currently the commands that google home can use with any camera is pretty limited; however I will pass the feedback along to see if there is a way to pass either scenes, smart actions, or privacy mode toggles to the google app.

While I have not used the app in a while for cameras, you may want to look at the official Samsung smartthings integrations with Kasa to see if their automation platform can accomplish what you are looking for.

Options
Re:Turn on and turn off camera with Google Home
2023-02-09 19:20:12

@Riley_S Thanks again

Unfortunately smart things is not even showing the security camera. It shows other devices but not security camra.

It would be good enough if Google home could enable privacy mode on and off. This way all the cameras could be disable just at once grouping them. 

Thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 395

Replies: 2

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.