Votes

Quickly toggle wall switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-23 23:09:13 - last edited 2023-03-03 19:39:58

There are many things controlled by light switches, lights and fans in my case, that have secondary functions that are controlled by flashing the switch in a fairly fast mannor of, On, Off, On, to get it to the second function. Example: Turning on a light normally allows it to come on normally, but flip it on, off, on and it turns on a seperate nightlight function. So on a dimmer switch it may need full power for the second function. So this funtion could be used on both Dimmable Switches and Non-Dimmable Switches.

Second example, using a non-dimmable switch, there are many bathroom fans with second functions accesed the same way. Mine, the Primary function tuns it on in Humidity Mode, it only tuns on when the humidity is high, and the fan itself controlls the speed of the fan. The Secondary function turn the fan on Full Time at Full Speed.

I would like to be able to do these things by schedule or request as Smart Items. If I'm just not finding the right settings to do it please send me a link for it, if it isn't possible I won't understand that but fine, but there are so many devices that do this I found it odd that I could not get anything to do it. If there is a proper way to request it in Google Home that would be a nice work around but I can't find that either.

Any help in getting this function would be greatly appreciated.

Ken Warford.

Information to devices with the requested feature.

Home Depot sells the Delta Breez, Model #VFB25ACH, Signature Series 80 CFM Humidity Sensing Ceiling Bathroom Exhaust Fan

Home Depot sells the Commercial Electric, Model #53828101, Ultra Slim 6 in. Canless Selectable CCT Integrated LED Recessed Light Trim with Night Light Feature

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 147

Replies: 0

Voters 1