Switches Going Offline (For Good?!)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-08 13:16:28
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.2

This is truly a "first world problem"--but very annoying!

I have a variety of HS200 switches in my home as well as other Kasa devices (strips, plugs, etc).  We have AT&T Gigabit Fiber and Eero Pro system.

There have a been a few times where we have lost power or the WiFi has gone out for a couple of minutes. Very infrequently and the duration is very short.

When everything (power or wifi) comes back up just about all the Kasa devices are offline.  I thought if I would just wait for a few minutes they would all reconnect to wifi network.  However I wait DAYS and they are still offline.  Therefore I have to manually walk around my house and press the little reset button under the switches or unplug the smart plugs and strips and plug them back in?

Shouldn't the Kasa devices attempt to reconnect to wifi?  I have over 50 smart switches and devices in my home so having to do this every time is annoying to say the least! 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Switches Going Offline (For Good?!)
2023-03-08 18:41:38

@TechProdigy,

How long does the network cut out? The devices should automatically reconnect when the disconnect is a short period. After a longer period of time, the devices will stop searching as it consumes power and causes a lot of network traffic/interference.

What you may try is assigning an IP reservation for some of the problematic devices and seeing if the devices can reconnect after setting it. If so, then your network may have conflicting IP settings that are preventing the device from reconnecting to the network. By setting an IP reservation, you can give the plugs a guaranteed route for communication, ruling out any type of DHCP / Routing conflict.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 200

Replies: 1