WiFi turns off by itself

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

WiFi turns off by itself

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
WiFi turns off by itself
WiFi turns off by itself
2023-03-11 23:55:33
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.2

The wifi in the router just turns itself off. The light on top goes to orange. I need to hard wire into router, log in and turn wireless on. They are unchecked when I first log in. Rebooting does not resolve the problem, you must log in to fix.

This happened on my original one that I purchased. It started several months in and happened once a month and then started happening more frequently. I called support and they replaced my router. Got the new one and now the same thing. I love the router but since most of my devices are wireless, this is a real pain. Thinking about just returning it to Costco and buying a different brand.

I really love this router other than this issue so I hope someone has the answer. I will not go through support again as it did not fix the issue and they do not offer advanced replacement so I am stuck putting in a temporary router until I receive theirs.

Options
4 Reply
Re:WiFi turns off by itself
2023-03-13 22:27:14

@808Ruben,

From what I can tell, the main reason that something like this occurs is the result of your time not being correctly updated.

Try navigating to Advanced > System > Language and Time to ensure the router time is accurate. You may also update the time by connecting to the NTP server, rather than setting the time manually.

Make sure that no wireless schedule is set, even if not during the time where the issues are experienced. 

Lastly, try disabling the reboot schedule if one is set.

Do you know if this occurs to both wireless bands, both 2.4 and 5ghz? If not, its possible that you are using a DFS channel for your 5Ghz network which is causing the disconnect.

Have you been able to check the router logs after the Wi-Fi is disabled to see if the logs list what may have caused the router to stop broadcasting?

Options
2023-03-13 22:44:15

@Riley_S  Thank you. I think after all this time I think I found the problem. My 3 year old son. He is perfect height to see the 3 little buttons on the front of the router just below the antenna. I have never even seen these buttons before because looking from my angle down all I see is the antenna. The center button turns off wifi. My wife asked him what he was touching and he pointed to the buttons. I turned the router sideway so the USB ports are now facing forward and hopefully that resolves my problem blush

Options
2023-03-13 22:53:54

@808Ruben,

LOL you're not the first user who had a kid that was wreaking havoc with their network :)

I did add an internal feature request to add a setting that would disable the use of the buttons on the device for cases like this. Thanks for the Idea! Hopefully, it will be considered for a future firmware update.

Options
2023-03-14 03:24:29

@Riley_S That really would be great. I have been in IT for close to 20 years and have never once needed an external button to turn off wifi.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 341

Replies: 4

Related Articles