HS200 Smart Switch will not re-connect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-12 17:36:26 - last edited 2023-03-12 18:10:16
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

I have one HS200 that will not re-connect after a network outage. I struggled to get this switch connect initially and each time there is a power or network outage.  Last time it took about 2 hours of trying to get it connected after a network outage. I have another HS200 that re-connects with no issues. 

I have 12 other TPlink/Kasa devices and all work fine.  

I go through the setup steps and it seems like it wants to connect.  

Orange and Green flashing then just Green flashing when I get to the connect to wifi network step.

Both my mobile device and switch are on the same 2.4G wifi network.  

I end up receiving the "Unable to Connect to Your Wi-Fi Network" message.

Options
2 Reply
Re:HS200 Smart Switch will not re-connect
2023-03-13 16:34:29

@REM9,

Since the device has already been set up with the network, make sure that there are no IP reservations set for the device in your router settings. Also, what type of network are you connecting to? Is there anything unique set for the network such as the encryption method?

Is this device further away from your network nodes than your other devices that succeeded?

Lastly, try performing a factory reset on the device if you haven't already. A soft reset will maintain some settings but has the potential to cause odd behaviors.

Options
Re:HS200 Smart Switch will not re-connect
2023-03-15 11:01:45

@Riley_S 

Thanks!  I appreciate the feedback. I ended up refreshing my router and it was then able to connect.  I'll keep your suggestions in mind if it happens again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 261

Replies: 2

Related Articles