two scenes controlling same group of lights

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-23 16:03:55
Model: Kasa  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Is it possible to have two kasa spot cameras control the same kasa light bulbs? So if you have both scenes on two different cameras set to turn on lights then shut them off 15min later, would the first camera/scene trigger shut them off and then the second just be redundant or would the last scene triggered shut them off? would the first camera/scene triggered shut them off and ignore the time out on the second scene or would they stay on until the last scene times out?

Thanks for your help

Options
1 Reply
Re:two scenes controlling same group of lights
2023-03-24 18:13:24

@LaVaine,

I can do some of my own testing later to try and figure out exactly how this will behave / how it should be configured as this is right up my alley.

For the record, Scenes are just preset lighting and device status - while a Smart Action is an automation that operates in a sequence and has triggers available.

I think that your best path forward to configure automation such as this is to create multiple smart actions:

-  Actions to Turn on the Lights / Group when Motion is Detected from the Camera

-  A separate action with the lights as a trigger when they turn on, which turns off the lights after a delay. 

- Alternatively, set another smart action based on the cameras motion detection that will turn the lights off after a delay, this would prevent the automation from firing when manually turning on the light

Speaking with our Product Testing Team, I am under the impression that the Smart Actions operate as a single automation in most cases, meaning that any triggers received while the automation is running would not restart the automation; for this reason, it may be better to separate out the automation into multiple steps so that multiple Smart Actions can be running simultaenously.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 330

Replies: 1