Fan switch

Fan switch

Fan switch
Fan switch
2023-04-04 03:59:39

It would be great if you guys would make a switch for fans with speed levels. For example a switch that 4 buttons for fan speed or even similar to the dimmer switches with little buttons for fan speed.

I would only buy 4 but other might buy more.

Senior Network Engineer
Options
17 Reply
Re:Fan switch
2023-04-04 17:10:51 - last edited 2023-04-04 17:20:55

@sysg,

It may be coming sooner than you may think actually: KS240 Fan and Dimmer Switch

I cannot confirm this information as I am not entirely certain, but as a new product line the KS240 Fan and Dimmer Switch might be one of the products scheduled for testing as we approach a possible launch. I have provided your name and email to our product testing team, @US_Beta , for consideration if a beta test is available.

Either way, thank you for the feedback. The whole reason that the product is being considered is due to community feedback such as yours.

Options
2023-04-04 17:25:22

@Riley_S that actually covers the larger amount of users who have fans. I actually have separate switches for some fans in my house.

Senior Network Engineer
Options
2023-04-04 18:14:24

@sysg,

I will pass along the feedback regarding a Fan-Only switch, but I would suspect that this would not come to fruition until the KS240 has been released and tested for any issues that may arise, especially since it is a matter-enabled device.

We will know more information about how these devices will be wired and function later, as it may be a situation in which you could either leave out the light controls, add another light to it if the wiring of the device allows, or even potentially just wired the lights as a dummy so that it could be used as a Smart Action Trigger.

Options
2023-04-04 19:39:58

@Riley_S anyone one of those options are cool.

Thanks for the responses.

Senior Network Engineer
Options
2023-06-22 00:22:32

@Riley_S this is exactly one of the items ive been sending requests for for about a year now. how do i get on the list to buy these at pre release? ill need four but i could start with two...

Options
2023-06-22 16:12:01

@PaLaCasa599,

I do not believe that the KS240 will be available for preorders and will instead simply be released to retailers and online stores; but I will know more as we get closer to a potential release. I will try to keep the community up to date since there is so much interest in the switch, so keep an eye out for updates across the community.

Options
2023-07-31 22:29:32

@Riley_S so the page you linked to is now gone, and thats either a good thing or a bad thing. but im fearful that its a bad thing. do you have anything to add to the conversation? ive been waiting impatiently for quite some time now...

Options
2023-08-03 16:37:17

@PaLaCasa599,

Probably a good thing. Pages from CES announcements will always disappear eventually. Its possible that there were specifications changing or features being added/removed in preparation to release. The CES pages usually have one or two panels, while the updated page will include many more specifics.

I have not heard anything regarding the cancellation of the device and I have been keeping an eye out for any updates. Our team is currently testing the device, after the tests are confirmed and a launch verified, the page would be updated with the overview

Options
2023-09-10 16:05:21

@Riley_S if you still need beta tester let me know, I have 3 Hunter Pro's Best ceiling fan with light, I can test.

Options
2023-10-13 16:28:17 - last edited 2023-10-13 16:28:55

@Riley_S i still have 3 or 4 rooms in my house that are waiting on this type of solution, and we are at the 6 month mark since the first post of the link to the actual page for the fan switch. i REALLY hope that this is incoming any moment now??? Seriously, i have entire rooms waiting on something like this. Cmon guys, this is a no brainer!

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 904

Replies: 17

Related Articles