Will X50-POE and X55 Work Together?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-21 23:48:18

Building a new house and had the house wired with CAT6 for back hauling. I have three ceiling mounting location for the X50-POEs and will place the X55s in other wired non ceiling locations (x55 don't support POE so they will be plugged in. Here is how I plan to run the system. 

ISP Modem -> x55 -> POE switch -> the three X50-POEs and the 2 other x55s

Does anyone see an issue with this setup?  House is large and one of the X50s will be outside mounted on the ceiling of a covered patio. 

Options
5 Reply
Re:Will X50-POE and X55 Work Together?
2023-04-22 00:58:07

@tensix 

It honestly looks like a relatively solid setup to me, you should have absolutely no problems with this configuration - in fact, I would recommend it.

I would keep in mind how many nodes you have connected, as there is a point at which interference becomes a problem if they are all clustered together.

Also, while the Deco X50-PoE has two PoE ports, it is only PoE in, not out. Basically you can't daisy chain PoE deco nodes,

Lastly, if the X50-PoEs will be outdoors, please consider looking at the X50-Outdoor - Which is also PoE capable, but has higher operating temperatures and weatherproofing. While it cannot mount flush, it can still mount to a pole

Options
2023-04-22 01:02:18 - last edited 2023-04-22 01:03:46

Riley_S wrote

@tensix 

It honestly looks like a relatively solid setup to me, you should have absolutely no problems with this configuration - in fact, I would recommend it.

I would keep in mind how many nodes you have connected, as there is a point at which interference becomes a problem if they are all clustered together.

Also, while the Deco X50-PoE has two PoE ports, it is only PoE in, not out. Basically you can't daisy chain PoE deco nodes,

Lastly, if the X50-PoEs will be outdoors, please consider looking at the X50-Outdoor - Which is also PoE capable, but has higher operating temperatures and weatherproofing. While it cannot mount flush, it can still mount to a pole

@Riley_S 

It will be under cover and not exposed to any direct water or sunlight. If the X50 outdoor could be mounted on a ceiling to a box I would get one. I will monitor the X50-POE and see if being outside will degrade its performance. 

All nodes will be fed from the switch so no daisy chaining. 

Options
2023-04-26 18:21:22

@tensix 

Yeah, unfortunately, the X50-Outdoor only offers pole and wall mounting as alternative options.I only recommended it for the higher operating temperatures and the potentially stronger signals.

Your setup should be ideal in the way that everything is run. Just make sure to keep an eye on your PoE deco - If you have dramatic seasonal weather changes, you may think about bringing the device in during winter months to protect the device from any moisture that could build up inside the unit from rain or snow.

Options
2023-09-28 23:25:47

@Riley_S Hi Riley, I'm debating between a X50 poe vs X50 outdoor. Both will be place inside my garage so no expose to humidity. But I thought that the x50 PoE with more antennas (4) will have stronger signal than the Outdoor node? Also the PoE one has 1x 2.5Gbps port so I'm tempting to return the Outdoor one and buy the PoE, will it be worth the hassle of returning? Thanks 

Options
2023-09-29 21:02:14

@Espress0-0,

Honestly, probably not worth the hastle in your case.

I believe the outdoor Deco is technically rated for more coverage since it is meant to be used outdoors. But you will see similar performance between the two, especially now that the X50-Outdoor has received the latest major feature update.

Depending on where you are, you still need to consider the temperature in your garage. If it fluctuates a lot, it can create condensation/humidity - and the X50-Outdoor is also rated for far more extreme temperatures.

Where did you see the difference in antennae listed?

Lasltly, unless you have a direct need for the 2.5Gbps connection, you will be more than fine with using 1Gbps lines for your satellite nodes. The X50-PoE is sold as a pack so there are many users that have one of the nodes set as their main node, where the 2.5Gbps port is far more important.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 453

Replies: 5

Related Articles