Switch failure

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Switch failure

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Switch failure
Switch failure
2023-04-28 16:46:30
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: Latest update

I replaced a single pole switch which controlled two Hunter outdoor fans with an HS200. This is my fifth Kasa switch. After successfully configuring the switch I attempted to power the fans on from the app. The fans can on, but the switch immediately failed, and began to continuously flash orange and emit a clicking noise. The switch will no longer reset either, so I have no way to access it any longer. Can this be resolved, or should I return the switch and look for a different solution for the fans?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Switch failure
2023-05-01 20:02:21

@Inthedark

I would first try and check to make sure that the device was within the specified power required by the fans to function. I would also make sure that all your wires have been connected securely and that nothing has come loose when putting it back into the box.

Lastly, double and triple-check the specifications for your fans. It is not uncommon to see HD fans with smart capabilities or an RF controller embedded.

You may also instead of going through trial and error, wait for a device that is meant for ceiling fans :) 

Kasa KS240: Smart Fan and Dimmer Control

This was announced at CES and should be slated to come out later this year as long as everything goes according to plan and no problems are found throughout the test.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 206

Replies: 1

Related Articles