Kasa outdoor smart plug stopped taking alexa voice commands

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-03 00:22:09
Model: EP40A  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My outdoor Kasa smart plug works fine in both the Kasa app and the Alexa app but after working fine from its initial installation, it stopped working through Alexa voice.   I have deleted the plug from both apps and reactivated it twice but it still wont work with voice commands.  I even deleted and dis a fresh download of the Kasa app.  Nothing helps.  How do I get this to work with voice commands, that is the main reason I have this thing.  

Options
2 Reply
Re:Kasa outdoor smart plug stopped taking alexa voice commands
2023-05-03 00:41:14

@rshetts 

After you added the plug back to the Kasa App did you put your phone on LTE/5G (cellular data) to see if you can control the plug via a remote (cloud) command?

Options
Re:Kasa outdoor smart plug stopped taking alexa voice commands
2023-05-03 13:30:43
No I did not. I am trying to get it to work through Alexa voice commands as intended. I am not sure how cloud commands would apply to that. The plug does work through both the Kasa app and the Alexa app but not through voice, which takes away the main functionality of the plug.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 229

Replies: 2