Votes

Can we get a new feature for the smart plugs?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-08 13:28:48 - last edited 2023-05-08 22:23:00

Hello,

I found this extension while shopping around for controllers for my hydroponic setup.

I just wanted to mention a feature which I think would draw alot of indoor/greenhouse and even outdoor growers in.

Could we get a cycle timer?

Basically its an interval timer. You choose the cycle and how long it stays on for.

So Every X minutes the plug/socket turns on for X seconds/minutes then turns on again.

I would use this to water my plants that are not in soil every 15 minutes while the day is hot for 30 seconds.

I havent found another wifi outlet that can control this many outlets - so being ahead of everyone - EVEN the hydroponic industry would sell more units.

Especially if you change some keywords in your SEOs.

Thanks! 

PS what does everyone else think?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can we get a new feature for the smart plugs?
2023-05-08 22:22:37 - last edited 2023-05-08 22:22:51

@GreenTHumbSimon,

Thanks for the recommendation. I know that I have seen others mention how they could use similar functionality for a different purpose, so I will definitely forward the feedback to our R&D teams for consideration.

Right now, only half of the automation exists as a feature in our Smart Action System with the 'On' Duration allowing a device/light to turn on for 'x' minutes - however, this doesn't accommodate on-off cycles.

I am also currently passing feedback on to our team for additional time controls in the Smart Actions, so this is something that could be added.

I can say that there are already improvements planned to the Kasa and Tapo Automation Platforms coming soon, so we may see improved scheduling and automation options soon.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 220

Replies: 1

Voters 1