Votes

Kasa light switching unit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-22 13:53:43 - last edited 2023-05-23 08:00:39

I have several Kasa switches and receptacles in my home and have a request.

Many homes have ceiling fans and most that I have seen are wired to a single switch even though they have both a fan and a light kit - rewiring to put the light kit on its own switch can be cost prohibitive.

I would like to see TP-link/Kasa produce a screw in light switch that would utilize the E26 base - I do not want programmable lights that change color or do other silly things; I just want to turn them off and on (dimmable would be awesome). This could be a lucrative line as a single fan would need 3-5 units to control its lights.

Another feature that would be useful (IMO) - add a speaker capability to these screw-in modules (not music quality, just voice quality) to send audio for a timer, etc from a home assistant go to all rooms would be great!

You may ask why I don't want a completely programmable light? Because I use different light output levels in different areas - in my home office I have 3 x 2500 lumen full spectrum LED bulbs, in my kitchen I have 5 x 1200 lumen cool white bulbs, and in my bedroom I have 3 x 700 lumen warm white bulbs.

-Thank you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 117

Replies: 0

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.