Smart Switch with Wifi Extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-03 18:11:46
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

I installed the KASA Smart Switch in the garage where I have a wifi extender.  Wifi from the router will not reach the switch but the extender does easily.  I can connect my mobile phone to the garage extender but the TP-link connection says "no internet".  How do I connect the switch to the internet via the extender?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Smart Switch with Wifi Extender
2023-06-03 18:48:41

@LPATBBF I was able to solve the problem on my own but FYI for anyone else having this problem.....I came into the house, connected the TP-link network while in range of my router.  Then went back outside to finish the connect with the switch close by.  Later in the installation, the app asks you what network you want to use and I was able to choose the garage extender.  The installation is complete and the switch works from the app. 

Options
Re:Smart Switch with Wifi Extender
2023-06-05 10:08:28

@LPATBBF 

The default WiFi of the TP-Link smart switch is used for configuration only, it's normal to see the TP-Link wifi shows No internet when you connect your phone to it. There is no need to connect the smart Switch WiFi in advance. 

Install the smart switch in a location where it can detect strong WiFi signal from the host network. Then follow the instruction in the APP to proceed the configuration.

Related Articles:

How to set up my TP-Link Smart Plug Switch via Kasa

What should I do if I fail to configure the Kasa device?

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 233

Replies: 2