Cameras won't reconnect after electricity fails.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-17 18:02:48
Model: Kasa  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

About 6 months ago I installed about 20 Kasa Smart devices.  Among them the Kasa Smart Doorbell, Kasa Smart camers, Kasa smart plugs and power strips, etc. 

I have Cable internet that is normally very reliable.  

Where I live the electricity goes off every few weeks.   When it comes back on my computers re-connect wirelessly and automatically to the cable router; however,  NONE of the Kasa devices reconnect.  Several times I've had to go through all the devices, reset them one by one and  go through the original set-up sequence to reconnect them to the router.   Its a process that literally takes me hours. 

Is there some way to keep them all connected?  I don't have time to keep resetting them. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Cameras won't reconnect after electricity fails.
2023-06-20 08:56:16

@ChileDog 

I think rebooting the cable router after power is back or unplugging and replugging the Kasa devices after the cable router is working will solve the problem, no need to reset all of the Kasa devices and reconfigure them one by one.

Options
2023-06-20 11:04:29

@ChileDog 

May i know what's the model of your cable router?

It's possible that the camera finished rebooting faster than the router, and by the time the router had finished rebooting, the camera had stopped trying to connect to WiFi. Try to reboot the router or reboot the kasa cameras, see if that helps. 

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-08-30 12:31:25

@ChileDog You might also consider putting the cable router on a UPS. A moderate UPS will easily keep the cable router live for 30 minutes if power cuts out.

Options