Capability with existing devices ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-18 03:06:50 - last edited 2023-06-18 03:16:16

I have to admit I'm pretty excited about the new Motion and Contact Sensors. I understand they must be used with your new Smart Hub. Will I be able to use the Motion and Contact Sensors to trigger Smart Actions with my existing devices as they are on WiFi ?

Also, all of the existing devices I have are in the Kasa app. Will these new Tapo sensors work with my Kasa smart devices ?

Thanks,

Jerry

Options
3 Reply
Re:Capability with existing devices ?
2023-06-21 22:26:57

@JerryInTellico,

For Now, the sensors are limited in function to the devices available in your Tapo App. Our teams are exploring your recommendation, as this is something that we are seeing a large amount of feedback for, and we will provide an update to the community as soon as we can, but for now, it is limited to Tapo devices only.

The Smart Button and Sensors will be able to communicate with ANY of your Devices on your Account via, Sub-Ghz, Matter, and Wi-Fi. This is the function of the hub, to translate and forward commands to devices throughout your network. Take a look at the S200D Release Post from last week, as I posted a few screenshots of how it may be configured through smart actions. 

Options
2023-06-23 08:40:38

@Riley_S 

"Take a look at the S200D Release Post from last week, as I posted a few screenshots of how it may be configured through smart actions. Take a look at the S200D Release Post from last week, as I posted a few screenshots of how it may be configured through smart actions."

Do you have a link to this post?

Options
2023-06-23 16:06:31

@JerryInTellico,

Sorry I meant to go back and add the link before submitting: New Release: S200D Smart Dimmer Button

It also looks like there have been updates to our matter compatibility page, adding the H100 and sensors. While the devices do not have the capability yet and are currently only planned, it does look like there may be a potential update route that will allow control of Kasa devices: https://www.tp-link.com/us/technology/matter/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 497

Replies: 3

Related Articles