Apple Homekit can't find my Kasa Light Swtich

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-04 18:16:34
Model: KS200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.5

I'm removing all my Wemo plugs and switches and changing to KASA.  The KASA plugs have connected flawlessly.  I installed a KS200 switch (which is labeled as working with Apple HomeKit) and the KASA app found the switch and connected without issue, but I am not able to add it to Apple HomeKit.  I'm not sure if the QR code on the box is specifically for the switch, I've tried scanning it with no success.  When I choose "More options", the "My accessory Isn't Shown Here" I have the option to enter the eight-digit code on the switch.  When I enter the code and press continue, the screen on my iPhone goes back to the "select an Accessory to Add to My Home". Can anyone tell me what I'm going wrong?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Apple Homekit can't find my Kasa Light Swtich
2023-07-05 08:43:26

@Eagle007 

Thank you for raising this topic! If you fail to configure the Kasa HomeKit device, please refer to the suggestions in this FAQ, hope it helps. 

Troubleshooting steps for failing to add TP-Link HomeKit device to Apple Home App

Tips:

1. Factory reset the device before each configuration attempts.  How to reset KS200: Press and hold the Reset button for 10s until the led light turns to blink amber.

2. Ensure Kasa and Apple Home APPs are both updated. 

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 286

Replies: 1

Related Articles