VPN Client for Amazon Fire Tablet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-18 19:13:20
Tags: #VPN
Model: Archer AX21  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 2.1.7 Build 20221125 rel.69232(5553)

I have IPSEc and OpenVPN Servers set up on my AX21.  They work great, but I'm looking for a client for my Fire Tablet that I can use to connect it to MY VPN on MY Router.  All my searches point towards using a commercial VPN.

Has anyone found a way to do this without completely hacking the FireTab?

Options
1 Reply
Re:VPN Client for Amazon Fire Tablet
2023-07-21 08:42:45

@KE3JU 

If you want to install a VPN app onto your Amazon Fire tablet, but it is not available in the Amazon App Store, you will need to side-load it. 

The first thing to understand is that an Amazon Fire tablet runs on a fork of the Android operating system. This means that the apps you install are regular Android APK files. As a result, you can download an APK file from a third-party app repository and then install it.

Below, we have included the basic steps:

1. Open the settings menu by pulling down on the screen from the top and clicking the cog icon.
  2. Choose Security and Privacy.
  3. Turn on Apps from Unknown sources.
  4. Open the Silk browser and navigate to APKMirror.
  5. Search for the VPN you are interested in and download the APK file.
  6. When the download completes, click the notification and install the app.

Remember that when you are installing apps from unknown sources, you could potentially download and install malware. This is why you should stick to reputable third-party APK sources like APKMirror.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 195

Replies: 1

Tags

Related Articles